Sunday, March 18, 2012

Waiting is Painful

So after having officially resigned from my job last Friday, I have to endure only two more weeks of engineering life before I drop out and become hiker trash! Before I leave for the PCT, I'm taking a Basic Climbing Education Program (BCEP) course through Portland's Mazamas. BCEP will help familiarize me with basic rock/snow climbing skills as well has help me get some training hikes in before I fly down to San Diego. I met my BCEP group yesterday (12 of us) on a hike to Devil's Rest in the Columbia River Gorge. Everybody in the group seems cool, and I can't wait to become more involved in the Oregon climbing community.

That being said, my priority right now is planning for the PCT, and I am nearly done collecting/making/purchasing all my gear (gear list and pictures coming soon). Next step is to plan my food and resupply itinerary. For those of you who are not familiar with the PCT, check out the tab at the top of this page called "About the PCT" for a brief description and links to PCT related websites or click here.

The shorts I bought were to long... so i cut them, and busted out mom's sewing machine