Friday, November 28, 2008

weird mood

We've been here for about four months now and have had straight sunshine and humidity. Let it be the week of final exams, the last week where everyone's together and then departs, for the storms to roll in. Last night was one of the most impressive lightning/thunder/tropical rain storms I've ever witnessed. The streets were so flooded that a kid's taxi couldn't make it take to the airport; missing his flight. The huge explosions happening above me rattled the walls and window of my room waking me up.. I thought about going outside and watching the display, but that didn't happen. I was sad because my roommate dunk (aus) and my other roommate Jan (Ger) had left, n here I was all alone.. in a dark room.. knowing that I'm one of the lone survivors of the George Roberts story, and I too will be victim to leaving very soon. That day, I had taken my last final after two days of mind-fucking-intense-studying. I sat next to the door, which was a bad choice because people were waking in and out the whole time and the 'dragon' lady, who had administered the tes,t was leaning over me. Also, lighting/thunder and intense rain was pounding the building I was examining in. It was awesome, and now I'm finally done and free for the next two months before I have to go back to SD. The feeling I got after I finished my last final, was like the feeling I got after graduating high school, but better. It's releaving yet scary. Independence is a handful. For the next month, I get to expolore more of Australia and spend a fair amount of time in New Zealand before I return home to Portland. I finished the task of school, and for now, get to tackle the spirit of travel. Just tonight at the uni-club, I think it was Kane that told me to keep on growing/experienceing/learning for wherever else I go. One thing I got from bein in Oz is knowing that I never wish to be normal, a drone...and that there are good people everwhere. I hope my prescence here has, for the most part, enlightened or left a positive impact on the earth and those who I've come in contact with.
It was nice to have a 'base' here in Townsville to where I could develop great friendships and use this 'base' to travel to and from other parts of Australia. Its extremely sad to leave that situation, but I'm curious and eager to move on of course. Brooke left the day before yesterday, Rachael and Drew today.. me tonight (this morning at 4:15). So, tomorrow it's Melbourne, tueday it's Sydney, and Friday New Zealand. If anybody's gonna be round those place hit me up on facebook or 0406558487.

No comments: