Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Start Date Delayed...

Unfortunately, things happen that you can't really prepare for. You just have to deal with these types of situations the best you can. Like Baker always used to say 'roll with the punches'. I had a great day last Sunday climbing at Horsethief, but unfortunately on Monday I woke up feeling like shit. Body aches, fever, head ache, and nausia had persisted the last couple days. Today I flew into San Diego in hopes of feeling better, but I still have a nasty head ache and a low fever...

The plan is to suck it up and take 1 or 2 rest days before joining my fellow thru hikers on the trail. I will miss a very popular start date tomorrow, but that's OK. Even though I'm starting behind 'the herd', I'll catch up. Depending on how I feel, I will start hiking Friday morning to Morena Lake (or a near chunk of that section).

Will update as things progress...

PS. Thanks to old time friends Cassidy and Jessica for taking me under their wing in Mission Beach!

No comments: