Friday, April 13, 2012

Pre-Hike Take-2

Alright! Bryce and Kayla (no trail names yet) and I had ventured off for another PCT prep-hike in the Gorge. We started by heading up to Angle's Rest, then Devil's rest, then up the Multnomah creek a ways to our 'camp site'. We lucked out weather-wise, with very little rain and some good sunshiny views.

Camp was great. We compared cooking systems, food choices (...I'm still horrible at this), and sleeping systems. I also played an intense game of chess against Kayla, and won! .. I told here we'll play best of 25.. which means I only have to win 12 more times!

Anyways, I wore my sleeping socks last night.. took them off in the middle of the night, and put them back on.. I still need to figure out how to sleep comfortably because i was sliding everywhere, and couldn't sleep comfortably on my stomach like I normally do...

Also, the other day I found out that the pair of Montrail shoes I've been using for the past 4 months were sized differently. My left foot was using a 10.5, my right an 11... I was wondering why my left foot seemed bigger than my right! Luckily REI gave me back some money so I can buy another pair. Just have to do with my 3yr old Solomons for now.. old/bad shoes are great for training your feet to get tough, fyi.

Camp up Multnomah Creek/River before Larch Mtn.



2 comments:

david said...

Sleeping on your gut is tough , do you have a condensed foam roll up pad , its extremely vital to put something between you and the ground for comfortable sleeping . All your heat will leave if not .

J-Hall said...

I have a Thermarest Prolite... Not the most comfortable pad, but it keeps me off the ground (somewhat).. still cold when my arms fall off the sides of it.. why don't they make these things wider!