Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mile 509, Day 30

Done with the vortex! After staying with legend trail angles the Saufleys and the Anderson's, taking zero days at both, its time I get back on the trail.. the experience at each stop, though different was amazing in its own unique way which I can't describe by typing on this phone. It also gave me the opportunity to meet more hikers! At the Anderson's, I was welcomed in by slow clap (in which they then told me I got "the clap" :) ) got the opportunity to relax and rewind over some good beer, music, and taco salad, while at the same time as being entertained by the social atmosphere that is the Andersons. After some pancakes this morning, 3 Bears and I headed back to the trail by the help of trail angel Lil' Steps. Today ended up being one of the most comfortable hiking days yet. Clouds were out, temperature was cool, and the trail amazingly forgiving. Today was also a big day because we crossed the 500 mile mark and hiked our first 30 mile day... currently we're camped on a hill looking over the beautiful Mojave desert which we are to cross tomorrow!
Pic: me and Momma T Anderson
PS.. I was giving a trail name the other day at the Oasis Cache hehe.. I think it fits me quite well!

1 comment:

the fam said...

Congratulations Justin !!! You've done over 500 miles and made a month already !!!! Love ya!!
Mom,Dad , Trisha and Rusty